Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eventful Day


  • Air pollution is really intense today. The wildfires that have been burning in the eastern part of the state are releasing particles, and it's making the city gross. (That was my scientific description.) Anyway, walking outside was really terrible.
  • The office sponsored a blood drive today and since I've never donated, I figured now was the time. I left feeling fine, but when I got back to my desk, I got so dizzy and lightheaded that I passed out. On the newsroom floor. In front of everyone. So embarrassing. I'm THAT intern now.
    • Addendum: While I was passed out, I think I chipped part of a tooth. It's really bothering me.
  • After I recuperated, I joined the other interns (including the newest one to join us this week, a science intern from Princeton) on a tour of the governor's mansion. (Is it The Governor's Mansion? I need a copy check.) It was, you know, quite lovely and perhaps a place I'll take my parents when they visit. There were a few shots taken at Virginia during the tour.
  • Every week, the executive editor of the paper does something called, "The Weekly Stand-Up." He fields any and all questions from the staff. It's at 5 p.m., so I'm sticking around for that. Should be interesting.
Okay, I feel sort of weak. More juice.

No comments: