Monday, July 7, 2008

Hilarious

We're getting sued because we cut our staff.

Keith Hempstead
v.
[PAPER NAME HERE].; McClatchy Co. a California corp.
6/23/2008 08cvs11054

Class action. The defendants cut staff and resources for the [PAPER NAME HERE] and has hurt the newspaper. The plaintiff renewed his subscription with the newspaper because of its quality reporting, but the cuts have made the paper worse. Defendant McClatchy bought another newspaper chain and took on a large debt that has hurt its existing papers, including the [PAPER NAME HERE].

(I removed the name of the paper but you all know where I work.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, but I feel for the guy. Reading your link to this issue in the news, the explanation the co. gave had nothing good for non-corporate employees.

Unknown said...

Am I on the wrong side if I'm kinda routing for this guy?

Anonymous said...

We live in a litigious and money hungry society.